VPBC Newsletter June 2020
We re-open our greens on Saturday, 6 June with a maximum of 6 members on each green – 3 pre-booked sessions on the green, with 1 or 2 members in each session.
Everyone should clearly continue to avoid unnecessary risk where possible, wash hands, stay alert, observe social distancing measures etc. We do fully understand that not all members will choose to play yet.
Please look carefully at the SPECIAL COVID REGULATIONS.
These follow the HMG & BCGBA guidance and are approved by the VPBC Committee and our landlords, the Southport Flower Show Organisation.
If we breach the rules we risk being told to close. Please follow the rules strictly.
If you do want to play you must book a slot in advance.
SFS are installing barriers so that the bowling greens are closed to the public. If any members of public enters the VPBC area to use benches etc please politely ask them to leave in accordance with HMG rules.
Those who do not play bowls this season will have their 2020 subscription carried forward to 2021. Those who choose to play will have most of their 2020 subscription carried forward ie 2021 subs will be at a discounted rate
How to book a bowling session
Bowling sessions can be booked on the VPBC website up to 7 days in advance, maximum of 1 session per day (no bowler should play more than one session per day)
If you are unable to book online, you can book a session by contacting Gayle Gordon by phone on 07961 696159 between 11am-3pm or by email to email@example.com
NB Please do not attend the green without first booking a session. We must never have more than six people on each green at anyone one time.
- Those using Green 1 must use the club car park.
- Those using Green 2 must use the North Paddock.
- No parking is permitted elsewhere on Victoria Park.
- VPBC 2020 membership cards must be displayed.
- You must observe the 5mph speed limit.
In closing, I would like to take this opportunity to warmly thank on behalf of all members:
- Paul Crummey, Mike McCormack, Peter Hartley and Simon Tinsley – the greens team for their necessary hard work on maintaining both greens.
- Dave Spratt for the 30 excellent & amusing VPBC Bulletins he published.
- Gayle Gordon for kindly offering to act as Bowling Co-ordinator.
- Dave Gordon & Chris Lancaster for implementing the new online booking system.
No Replies to "VPBC Newsletter June 2020"
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.