Newsletter December 2018
Dear VPBC Members,
Christmas is fast approaching and 2018 is almost done.
It has been a very good year for VPBC with many new members, the Pavilion revamp completed,
both greens in great shape and lots of enjoyable social and team bowling.
Both greens are now closed until further notice.
However, Short Mat Indoor bowling for VPBC members is in full swing at The Dunes Leisure Centre
on Wednesdays at 12.45 for a 1.00pm start. The cost is £2.20 payable at Dunes Reception where
your Dunes car park ticket cost will be refunded
LAST EVENT AT CLUB IN 2018
The last club event of the year is on Tuesday 11 December at 11.00am for mince pies with
coffee/tea/mulled wine. We do hope for a good turnout.
This is primarily a social event with a short Chairman’s Question Time session where you will be
able to say what you wish and I’ll answer any of your questions about the club. It’s especially suited
to our newer members…. and there’s nothing off limits.
SOCIAL EVENTS IN 2019
1. From Tuesday, 8 January at 10.30am, the Club will be holding a weekly Social Coffee
Morning (£1pp) in the Club pavilion. In very cold weather, we will have to relocate to another
venue and, if we do, we will notify you in an email Newsflash.
2. The first big event of the year is a delicious three course lunch upstairs at The Auberge Restaurant, Southbank Rd, on Sunday 13 January 2019. The cost is £15 and there will be a
variety of dishes on the menu. To reserve your place, please put your name on the Notice
board list in the pavilion or notify Lynne via the Newsletter email address.
3. We are planning a 10 pin bowling event at the Ocean Plaza on Thursday evening, 31
January. The cost will be £7.00 per player. Spectators are free. Further details will be
announced in the next Newsletter early in the New Year.
4. THE Club AGM will be on Saturday 2 March 2019 at Emmanuel Church Hall, Cambridge Rd
at 1.15 for a 2.00pm start. Please do note the date – we would like a big attendance. Team
sign-up sheets will ready for you.
TWO URGENT REQUESTS
1. We are going to enter our first ever mixed team in the Friday evening Westhead League. This
League was established in 1984 and teams come from Scarisbrick, Burscough, Formby,
Aughton, Ormskirk, etc. With 4 or 5 more players, we could enter two teams in this League.
Both inexperienced and experienced members are welcome. If you are interested, please phone
or text me on 07860.309723 quickly. We anticipate the teams will be very social.
2. We are running four Ladies teams next year. Another 2 or 3 ladies would be very welcome. If
you are interested, please contact Judy via the Newsletter email address quickly.
BEST WISHES FOR A GREAT CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR
No Replies to "Newsletter December 2018"
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.