1. The first Club Competition of the year is on Saturday 28 April and will be a mixed pairs HANDICAP competition. Please sign up ASAP as we need at least 8 pairs (ideally 16 pairs!). Cost only £2 per head. If individuals want to enter we will find you a partner. In addition to a cup there will be cash prizes for the winners and losing finalists.
2. VPBC have 4 friendly competitive matches this year. The Croquet v Bowls on Sunday 10th June, the away match to Crossens BC on Sunday 24th June, and the Southport Bowling Club (Flat Green) v Crown Green match on Saturday 9 September.
3. The first is on Saturday 12th May. This is a Charity Match with all income going to “Dogs for Good” against our regular visitors Maghull & Lydiate Sporting Friends. Please sign up in pavilion quickly. Fee £5 each.
4.Several of the VPBC teams. Ladies & Mens, would welcome new members wishing to “put their toe into league bowling. Please chat to me if thinking along these lines.
5. Fred Douglas (01704 213415) has already held 2 popular “bowling instruction” sessions. Please let him know if you would like to attend these.
6. BOWLING FOR HEALTH PROGRAMME. Along with 3 other Sefton bowling clubs we are in this programme to promote the sport of bowling. We will be hosting 8 Saturday morning (11:00 to 12:30) sessions at VPBC starting on 12 May. These are all entirely free to attendees. Please see the details in the Pavilion or on our website. Please speak to Andy Muchall (07904 408827) or me (07860309723) for more information. NB Please do make the programme known – we have posters you can use in your own churches, clubs etc.2
7) N.B This Tuesday (24 April) Green One will be in use for a rearranged League match. This day’s Round Robin will be on number 2 green